Sunday, September 03, 2006

Not Enough Opera, Man


Premium seats sold out for the first night of the Too Much Coffee Man opera in Portland, Oregon. That's great news--maybe creator Shannon Wheeler's kids can eat more than mac & cheese next month.*

Selling out premium seats is big news, but the opera is such a novel idea that I bet all four performances sell out. I reckon the kiddies will have orange juice and broccoli too.

*Permission acquired from creator to make joke about Wheeler's kids eating habits, which probably do NOT involve orange artificial food products.

4 comments:

Ed Ward said...

Now, now. Macaroni and cheese does not automatically mean Kraft Dinner [tm]. A real mac and cheese is a daunting enough dish that I have yet to attempt one.

Marie Javins said...

Gotta admit--Turbo, who was as much as chef as he was a home renovator, once made me an incredible mac-and-cheese, using only products I am not allergic to.

I need another Turbo 'round the house, don't I? Preferably one who resides in this hemisphere.

Ed Ward said...

Hemisphere, shmemisphere. Who's the world traveller here?

But seriously, a non-lactose-bearing mac and cheese would involve the use of sheep and goat cheese, the latter of which I am amazingly allergic to. I'd hand you the casserole, tell you to put it in the oven for x minutes, and not return until the place had been thoroughy aired of ... that smell.

The very thought makes me queasy.

Marie Javins said...

Actually, I think it was special lactose-free cheese that I had in the fridge, but I do really like goat cheese. But I have that same reaction to things I'm seriously allergic to. Other people looovvve ice cream. I just see it and say "ouch."