Monday, May 21, 2007

Mission Partially Accomplished

I've acquired a new desk and a bookcase. Both are on top of Henry the Ford Taurus in my garage, because I couldn't get anyone to help carry the boxes up the stairs until Tuesday night.

When we were doing renovations on my old place, Turbo and I bought a roof rack for Henry. I've never used it without Turbo or Michael Kraiger before. It felt satisfying to install the roof rack by myself and have it actually work. But I was petrified driving home, worried that the fragile-looking twine would break on Route 1 and my new desk would be scattered across the highway.

2 comments:

Evalinn said...

So will Henry the Ford Taurus venture outdoors before Tuesday...?

Marie Javins said...

Nah... Henry likes to stay in his house during the week when the parking police are on the prowl.