Friday, June 22, 2007

Can You Keep A Secret?


I was video interviewed about Stalking the Wild Dik-Dik a while back. And now I have the rough cut. But I can't show it to you, because it is top-secret until it is released for its intended purpose. It's great, actually, but it's odd without the sound.

Some of us looked at it at my office, but we couldn't make the sound work on the computer we were using. So we sat there stunned. Without context, I looked like a freak making faces and wearing purple eyeshadow. My young intern couldn't stifle his giggle, but Jared--in the office to composite my comics after I begged him relentlessly until he gave in so I'd leave him alone--for once held back.

Which isn't normal. Jared never holds back, not in the 17 years I've known him. He must have been as shocked as I was at me in pancake and lip liner.

Really, it's much better when you can hear what I'm saying. I just can't prove it yet.

4 comments:

John Bligh said...

Jared held back? Are you sure it was really him?

Marie Javins said...

Um, Skrull with Photoshop skills? No, really. He was really nice about the three pounds of eyeshadow.

mmclaurin said...

You in purple eyeshadow has always been one of my deepest fantasies. And pancake, too. Oh, wait, you mean pancake makeup, don't you? Nevermind.

Marie Javins said...

mmm... pancakes...