Friday, March 14, 2008

How the Other Half Lives

C has this magic plastic card that compels airport employees to cheerfully admit both of us into business lounges normally reserved for people with a lot more money than I have.

We visited two such lounges yesterday, one in Newark and one in Atlanta. I was dazzled by the simple comforts of the lounges, and both of us were "eating like freelancers"* because we were surrounded by free drinks, free snacks, free bagels, free hummous in tubes, free carrots, and of course free alcohol for my travel companion.

But the best was this.




*phrase co-opted from C's friend Katherine

4 comments:

Marie Javins said...

Phooey. So far, just raining nonstop in Bogota. But a lovely place the Candelaria Barrio.

Anonymous said...

yeah for Free stuff!
r you going to Cartegena (sorry if misspelled)?

Steve Buccellato said...

I only go places where I can get free tampons.

Marie Javins said...

We are in Cartagena now, Paula!