Wednesday, August 06, 2008

No Place Like, Uh...



Home seems to be missing.

I didn't grow up in the house that is no longer located behind where my mother is standing here in Alexandria, Virginia. But she owned the house that was here from right after I went away to college until about ten years ago. It's where I would go "home" to for many years. It's where I lived when I was an intern at AP on Capitol Hill, and when I worked at the Congressional Research Service at the Library of Congress.

Our former home is going to be a McMansion. The "Cambridge II" model.

3 comments:

Steve Buccellato said...

Was this the house that I visited that time? I gguess it had to be. Looks different now!

Marie Javins said...

Yep. It was a strange steel fabricated place, but backed up onto a lovely park area.

Brett said...

I know the feeling. The dock I was married on has crumbled into New York Harbor. At least I'll always know where it is.