Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Hair Don'ts

Here's what you don't want to hear while getting the hair color and shampoo rinsed out of your hair at a posh salon:

"We don't have any water! What happened to the water?"

I was lucky. Normally, my colorist waits "five more minutes" after the timer to wash out the color, but today, she was like "Oh, whatever, it's baked, springs back when touched" and sent me off to get doused.

And the water gave out halfway through. There was exactly enough left in the pipes to drizzle on me and get the color out. But I don't know what happened to everyone else.

The owner of the salon was yelling at a man from the building as I left. "What do you mean it will be back on later? This is a HAIR SALON and tomorrow is Christmas Eve! We have hundreds of customers today! We have people in the middle of their process."

"Use toilet water," snarked an assistant. Then, looking at me, "She isn't laughing."

No. No, I wasn't.

No comments: