Sunday, May 03, 2009

Mr. Softee Has Words

It's that time of year, when the electronic ice cream truck theme squeals through the neighborhood.

In a month, I'll be cursing Mr. Softee as once he starts, he won't shut the hell up. But for now, the endless musical loop is less irritating and more a welcome harbinger of spring, when my heating bill goes down.

Mr. Softee made Turbo laugh. I never gave it much thought before, but foreign men come to visit and can't believe something is named Mr. Softee. Then I laugh too.

Did you know the Mr. Softee theme has words? I've never heard anyone sing them, but Ken Katkin tracked them down for me.

The creamiest, dreamiest soft ice cream
You get from Mister Softee
For a refreshing delight supreme
Look for Mister Softee.

My milkshakes and my sundaes and my cones are such a treat
Listen for my store on wheels, ding-a-ling down the street
The creamiest, dreamiest soft ice cream
You get from Mister Softee.

For a refreshing delight supreme
Look for Mister Softee
S-O-F-T Double 'E', Mister Softee.

No comments: