Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Par for the Course

I'm grumpy today because an opportunistic writer with a good schtick referred in print to how she'd bit her tongue when we were talking once.

Because of course, it was important not to argue with me when she could instead declare her opinions in writing to the world.

Now I've been in comics since this writer was SIX YEARS OLD, and it took about two seconds for someone to forward the review to me.

I don't care about the content of the review. It was fairly positive but off-base about my day-job product. Which isn't my product. It's my job, like when you go to work and do accounting or marketing or sell shoes or screw around on Facebook all day.

But I do care about the out-and-out lie where this woman said we'd met. (And of course, had she actually visited the home site of the product, or run a Google search in a big hurry, she'd have learned that the theme park is open and wouldn't have written that one was in the works. But I know, we're all busy. Who has the time to do a little research when you could instead be making up exaggerations with your time?)

We exchanged a few e-mails. NOT the same thing. And the "I bit my tongue" part? Thank you, young writer, for plastering your thoughts across the Internet rather than risking offending me in an e-mail. You're swell.

No comments: