Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tauntaun Sleeping Bag

I remember being in junior high, watching Empire Strikes Back and something that resembled an abominable snowman, and then... wow. Han Solo slices open a camel-like ice-horse and shoves his pal into its guts to keep warm.

Wowwowwow. Something had changed. Unfortunately for us audiences, it wasn't long before it changed again, to something vomit-inducing that didn't involve "I thought they smelled bad on the outside." Boo.

Regardless, the brilliant ThinkGeek.com April Fool's joke has become real.

Check it out!!! Someone really is manufacturing the Tauntaun Sleeping Bag complete with inside intestines. Now that's class! And warm and fuzzy to boot.

Are you thinking, wow, that's cool but it's out of stock. How can I get one?

Carve a pumpkin. Or the online equivalent.

I expect someone I know to win this. You guys are some talented readers. Let's see what you have.



1 comment:

Susan D-L said...

I felt the same way, except I was in college. The last good Star Wars movie and I had to watch it in a crappy shoebox of a theater, a real comedown from the movie palace I saw Star Wars in as a nerdy 16-year old. (But twenty years later I got to see Empire in the best movie theater ever in re-release, so that was good.)

PS: have I told you how much I love my giraffe/hippo/yoga monkey bag? Best bag ever. And I've had a few. You rock!