Friday, May 21, 2010

Hark! Louder!

I usually wake up at around seven. This is after I first wake up at six, when my alarm clock goes off. Once out of about 20 times, I manage to drag myself out of bed then in order to get something done before I go to the office, but usually I just smash the snooze button and go back to sleep.

This morning, I probably did this. I don't know, of course, since the process of snoozing doesn't involve me being sentient.

But then at 6:30 a.m., I really did wake up.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick...

What the hell?

I tried ignoring the steady ticking, but still it continued. That ticking wasn't there when I went to bed. Had I left a watch nearby? No.

Tick tick tick tick tick.

I opened an eye. The sun streamed in through the two lights in my office, and a tiny bit of light poked in from the air shaft window in my bedroom.

Tick tick tick.

The sun. Oh. Of course.

I was being tormented by the solar-powered environment friendly pooping Hello Kitty.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Heh heh! Cute story.