Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Changing Taxis in Gabes

I promptly got lost in Gabes.

It's always anyone's guess on if you should listen to the random guy you ask for directions or whether you should use Google Maps on your phone. I'd needed the phone in Medenine, but here in Gabes, I should have listened to the guy. 

Google Maps took me off-course to the wrong louage station, but I did have a nice walk around a busy street, passing by what (no doubt this is culturally rude of me) looked like a Jedi robe outlet.

I backtracked, asking other people as I went for the louages to Matmata, and it wasn't until I got back to my starting point that a brilliant man pointed to a building in the distance. 

"See that sign on that building?" 

"Yes." 

"Turn right at that building."

Some people are really good at giving directions.
I did as he said, and the louage station was exactly where it should have been the first time, if I'd listened more carefully to the first guy.

"Matmata?" 

I was motioned into a minibus and sat down to await departure. 



No comments: